To ensure the correctness of the CNC machining process, it is a very important link to verify the machining program before CNC machining aerospace parts. At present, the development of computer simulation technology makes the technology of verifying the CNC machining process in a computer environment widely used in actual production. The simulation method can simulate the whole process of machining tool and part cutting on the computer, directly observe and adjust the problems that may be encountered in the cutting process, without actually occupying and consuming resources such as machine tools and workpieces. In addition, computer simulation technology can also be used to estimate the CNC machining results in advance, count various machining data and optimize the machining process to realize intelligent machining.
The main purpose of CNC machining simulation includes:
- (1) Check whether the CNC machining program has overcut or undercut. Through the CNC machining simulation, the machining process can be displayed in the form of geometric figures, images or animations, so as to check whether the final geometric shape of the part meets the requirements. The current mainstream CAD/CAM software has CNC machining track simulation and overcutting and undercutting. All analysis functions.
- (2) Collision and interference check. Through the CNC machining simulation, it is possible to check whether the tool, tool holder, etc. collide with the workpiece, fixture, etc. during the CNC machining aerospace parts process, and check whether the spindle collides with the machine tool parts, fixtures, etc. during the movement of the machine tool, so as to ensure the Machine parts that meet the design and avoid unnecessary damage to tools, fixtures and machine tools.
- (3) Force and heat simulation in the cutting process. In recent years, with the development of simulation technology and the needs of actual production, the analysis of physical quantities such as force and heat generated during machining has received more and more attention. By simulating physical quantities such as force and heat in the cutting process, the force state, thermal-mechanical coupling, residual stress, etc. can be analyzed during the machining process, so as to provide references for machining process control and cutting parameter optimization.
- (4) Optimization of cutting parameters. One of the important purposes of CNC machining process simulation is cutting parameter optimization, that is, through the CNC machining process simulation, the existing problems in the trajectory and the part that needs to be improved in the parameter settings are found, so as to optimize the cutting parameters to improve the machining efficiency .
- (5) Tool wear prediction. In the machining of difficult-to-machine materials and high-precision parts, the wear rate of the tool is relatively fast and the tool wear will affect the machining accuracy and the integrity of the machined surface. Therefore, predicting tool wear during machining plays an important role in ensuring machining accuracy and surface integrity of the workpiece.
Among them, the simulation for over-cutting, under-cutting and collision interference checking is usually called geometry and motion simulation, mainly to check whether the geometric quantity and movement relationship in the CNC machining aerospace parts process are correct; force-thermal simulation and tool wear prediction are usually called For physical simulation, it is mainly used to simulate the physical quantities in the CNC machining process, and can analyze the deformation and quality of the workpiece after machining.